Young Executives Program
About the program
To achieve long-term success, companies must equip their most promising Young Executives to handle the formidable challenges associated with moving into new and increasingly more complex leadership roles. In this program, you’ll learn how to lead under pressure, champion change, build teams, and develop talent throughout the organization.
In an intensive, engrossing week (or 5 weekly sessions), you and a talented group of peers will examine the distinctive characteristics young leaders must develop to succeed and to model leadership within their organizations.
Through a carefully constructed series of leadership training sessions that blend training sessions, case studies, videos, group activities, and individual exercises, you will balance thought-provoking debate and analysis with self-reflection and personal development. The Lapid Leaders Facilitators creates a learning environment that is invigorating, demanding, and enjoyable. You and other members of your group will challenge and motivate one another, sharing ideas and forging professional bonds that can last a lifetime.
- Are you a young professional eager to grow in your career, take on first leadership responsibilities,and manage key projects within your organization?
- Young Executives Program will give you the confidence and skills to find your greatness and unleash your ultimate potential
- You will build your Leadership Skills and your business acumen
- As a result, you will understand your organization better, the environment it operates in and mostimportantly, yourself and how you can make an impact
What you can expect
The Young Executives Program provides you with strategies to handle the formidable challenges associated with moving into new and increasingly more complex leadership roles. You will gain a better understanding of your own approach to leadership and acquire new ideas to optimize and sustain your potential.
You will leave the program with fresh perspectives and tangible action plans for taking charge and inspiring leadership throughout your organization. Specifically, you will be better prepared to:
- Understand, recognize, and foster the right leadership qualities in yourself and others
- Stay on the fast track, while dealing with new responsibilities
- Manage organizational politics and build relationships to achieve both professional and personal goals
- Receive—and deliver—feedback with grace
- Lead effectively through situations involving conflict
- Balance your personal leadership style with the demands of the organization without compromising your principles
- Create opportunities for personal reflection amid day-to-day issues and crises of management
- Spot and develop the next class of young executives within the organization
- Broaden your horizon and gain a well-rounded business acumen
In an intensive, engrossing week (or 5 day session), you and a talented group of peers will examine the distinctive characteristics leaders must develop to succeed and to model leadership within their organizations. By viewing leadership as the ambition and will to make a difference, you will learn to lead with vision, effect important changes, and unleash leadership potential throughout the organization.
Through a carefully constructed series of sessions that blend sessions with facilitators, case studies, videos, group workshops, and individual exercises, you will balance thought-provoking debate and analysis with self-reflection and personal development. The Lapid Leaders Facilitators—creates a learning environment that is invigorating, demanding, and enjoyable. You and other members of your group will challenge and motivate one another, sharing ideas and forging professional bonds that can last a lifetime.
Developing the next generation of African Leaders
Leadership in Action
You will study the strengths and weaknesses of different approaches to leadership. Topics include:
- The distinction between leadership and management
- Pros and cons of different leadership styles
The ability to create a strong team is one hallmark of an effective leader. As your responsibility grows, the challenge shifts from delivering great results to building effective leadership teams. You will explore diverse topics that help you assess your capabilities as a team leader, including:
- The factors that enable you to build productive teams
- How to evaluate and increase the effectiveness of your team
- The reality of team life—the good and the bad
- Leading diverse teams—getting the most value from differences
Leadership as a conversation
As a leader, you must express yourself effectively. Through techniques such as storytelling, and public communications, you will expand your communication and persuasive techniques, improving your ability to handle any situation.
Your internal and external networks are important leadership assets. As you evaluate your own networks, you will gain tips for establishing effective networks and maximizing the value of your networks. Topics include:
- Obstacles to establishing effective networks
- The importance and art of managing your boss
- Constructive approaches to managing the politics of change
Developing Talent and Leadership
How can you create a culture of leadership and motivate your team? Focusing on the challenges of managing performance and on the role of the leader as architect and coach, you will assess how you can develop talent in your teams.
The Value Continues
The program will continue delivering value after you return to work. To help you achieve the personal and professional goals you set for yourself during the session, we will hold free Executive Coaching sessions with you (upto 4 hours).
You become part of a network of the next generation of African Leaders and have access to endless opportunities to grow.
What will become of you
- Participants are young, high-potential professionals with 3-7 years
of work experience.
- Most participants are supervisors of a team or are ready to take on a first business management role.
- Participants come from a diverse range of industries and functions
To achieve long-term success, companies must equip their most promising Young Executives to handle the formidable challenges associated with moving into leadership roles. In this program, your Young Executives will learn how to:
- lead under pressure;
- champion change;
- build teams; and
- develop talent throughout the organization.
The program will also convert the Young Executives from consumers of information to employees with a strong business acumen, leaders who understand why the organisation exists. They will acquire a fresh perspective on the organization’s business and this will enable them to become big-picture leaders